Join our Pressure Panel
Take a seat on our patient panel to help influence blood pressure care
We are setting up a Pressure Panel and if you or a loved one have been diagnosed with high blood pressure we would like to invite you to join in. You are an expert in your own experience, and sharing your perspectives with us can help guide our work influencing blood pressure care in the UK.
We will thank the first 10 people to join with a free copy of your choice of either The Body, by Bill Bryson, or Feel Better In 5 by Rangan Chatterjee – two brilliant books we reviewed for the Summer issue of Positive Pressure magazine.
The panel will be made up of a small group of people affected by high blood pressure who are willing to share feedback every now and then, for example, by questionnaire every few months.
Topics will include:
* Your experience of treatment, such as whether you have enough support from us and your healthcare professionals to manage side effects.
* Language, including whether the language we and healthcare professionals use is inclusive and easy to understand.
* Advice, such as whether the advice we give is practical, and what stands in the way of you achieving your health goals.
* Campaigning on matters such as better labelling for salt on food packaging.
* Experiences with GPs, pharmacists and other health professionals, such as whether you felt you could have been supported more to manage your own health at home.
* Co-signing letters such as our letter to the Secretary of State for Health asking for monitors to be available on prescription.
It’s very important to us that our work and recommendations involve the experience of people living with high blood pressure. We received lots of valuable insights in our Focus on the Future Survey last year and we’d like to make this kind of feedback a central part of our work.
If you would like to join our Pressure Panel, email us on email@example.com