Blood Pressure UK membership means you get a helping hand in looking after your blood pressure while supporting others.
Over 90% of our members say that being a member of Blood Pressure UK helps them to manage and lower their blood pressure.
Membership costs just £2.00 a month, or £24.00 a year, and all donations support our life-saving work.
You can buy membership for yourself, or you can give membership as a gift to a friend or loved one.
Already a member? See what’s available to you and give feedback.
What you get as a member
- Our quarterly e-newsletter, e-Positive Pressure. News and information from the world of blood pressure and heart health, plus opportunities to get involved in research and campaigns.
- Our series of blood pressure leaflets. These will help you to understand more about high blood pressure, how to live well with it and the positive changes you can make to lower it.
- Medications factsheets. Explaining all the common blood pressure medications, including the side-effects you may experience.
- The A-Z of blood pressure. This booklet is a complete guide to everything you need to know about high blood pressure – what it is, living well with it, the tests you might have and the medications available.
- Advice and support. Get personalised advice, information and support from a hypertension nurse specialist by post, email or telephone.
“Blood Pressure UK is there for people with high blood pressure to get constructive support and explanations. You only get nine minutes during a doctor’s appointment so understandably your GP doesn’t always have time to answer all your questions and concerns, and that’s where Blood Pressure UK can help.” Edric Aris, Blood Pressure UK volunteer
“When I was diagnosed I was desperate to speak to someone so I searched the internet and found Blood Pressure UK. I was delighted with the advice and support I received which was second to none. They gave me the courage to make specific lifestyle changes which helped lower my blood pressure.” Jean Samtula, long-standing Blood Pressure UK member
Join by Direct Debit
You can select an amount to pay each month when you join online.
Select Monthly Option
Join £2 a month
Join £5 a month (£2 membership + £3 donation)
Join £10 a month (£2 membership + £8 donation)
Select Annual option
Join £24 a year
Join £50 a year (£24 membership + £26 donation)
Join £100 a year (£24 membership + £76 donation)
If you would like to set up a direct debit to donate for a larger amount, please call us on 020 7882 6255 so we can organise it for you and thank you.
Direct Debit payments will leave your account on the 5th of the month.
Make a one-off payment
You can join today by making a one-off payment of £24 via our shop. This will give you membership for one year.
Join by post
To join by post, print and fill in this Blood Pressure UK membership application form [PDF 2,616KB] and post it for free to the address below.
You can choose to pay by check or postal order, with a credit or debit card, online or by direct debit.
Blood Pressure UK
FREEPOST Plus RTCS-AATG-ACSU
The Wolfson Institute
Renewing your membership
Have a look at our members page for how to renew your membership.
Give membership as a gift
If someone close to you has high blood pressure, you can give them membership as a gift to help them look after it. You can choose the start date when they will receive their welcome pack and you can choose whether we send it directly to them, or to you to give to them in person.
Order gift membership online from our shop
When you get to the shopping basket stage, write ‘Gift Membership’ in the Order and Delivery box. Then write the name and address where you would like the pack to be sent.
Order gift membership by post
Print the gift membership order form and return it with your cheque made payable to Blood Pressure UK to the freepost address above.
Gift membership form [PDF 320KB]
Alternatively, please write to us stating:
- the name and address of the person you would like to give membership to
- when you would like the Gift Membership to start (please allow 28 days)
- your name and address
- where you would like the Welcome Pack to be sent - directly to the recipient or yourself.
Please make cheques payable to Blood Pressure UK.