Free heart health screening for Kingston residents
Kingston residents can set down their shopping bags and have a free heart health MOT when they’re out and about in Kingston town centre during the next few weeks.
NHS Kingston have teamed up with UK charity the Blood Pressure Association to bring the convenient and accessible testing to Kingston residents, to help tackle heart disease and stroke in the borough.
The full heart health screening, or ‘NHS Health Check’, takes just 20 minutes and includes blood pressure, body mass index, cholesterol, diabetes and waist circumference testing.
It is open to all residents of the Kingston borough aged 40-74 provided they haven’t already been diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, heart disease or have had a heart attack or stroke.
A screening van will be opposite the main entrance of the Bentall Centre on the following days:
- Thursday 3 June, 10am – 8pm
- Friday 4 June, 10am – 6pm
- Thursday 10 June, 10am – 8pm
- Friday 11 June, 10am – 6pm
- Saturday 12 June, 10am – 6pm
Antiques collectors will be able to bag a free NHS Health Check as well as a bargain on Sunday 6 June, 10am – 4pm when the screening van stops by at the Antiques Fair in Tolworth Recreation Centre.
Screening will also be taking place on many more dates throughout June and July, outside the Bentall Centre and at other popular community locations, visit the ‘NHS Health Checks’ area of the Blood Pressure Association’s website - www.bpassoc.org.uk - to find out more.
Notes to editors:
- The Blood Pressure Association is the UK’s blood pressure charity which aims to lower the nation’s blood pressure. The award-winning charity provides information and support for people with high blood pressure and raises awareness about its prevention. For more details visit www.bpassoc.org.uk or call 020 8722 4994.
For further information or to arrange interviews or photography please contact the BPA's Press Office on 020 8772 4993/4984 or email email@example.com
- For further information from NHS Kingston, please contact Tony Merryweather, Communications Coordinator on 020 8339 8067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org