Every day in the UK, 350 people have a stroke or heart attack which could have been prevented. You can help.
There are many ways you can donate
- Donate online
- Set up a regular gift by standing order
- Donate by post or phone
- Give straight from your salary or pension
- Give your unwanted shares
- Donate through our Christmas Appeal
- Give with Snapdonate on your phone
- Donate in memory
- Leave a gift in your Will
If you need any help donating, just call us on 020 7882 6255 or email email@example.com
Gift Aid it
If you are a UK tax payer you can use Gift Aid to give more to Blood Pressure UK at no extra cost to you. Simply tick the Gift Aid box when you donate online, or fill out our quick Gift Aid form [PDF 481KB] if you prefer to donate by post.
How your money helps
We rely on donations to carry out our lifesaving work. Every penny you give counts, helping us provide information and support to over a million people every month.
- £5 Allows us to respond to one person worried about their blood pressure through our Information Line.
- £10 Enables us to provide follow-up information to one person who has been diagnosed with high blood pressure and other risk factors which could lead to aheart attack or stroke.
- £25 Provides a nurse with 40 information leaflets to give to patients.
- £50 Allows us to send free information packs to 20 people worried about their blood pressure.
- £100 Covers the costs of blood pressure testing for ten people out in the community, finding people who are at risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- £150 Funds our Information Line for a day.
- £250 Pays for an expert advice and support email to be sent to our database of people concerned about their blood pressure.
Get in touch now to donate.
To donate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you.
Why we're needed
High blood pressure is responsible for more than half of all strokes and heart attacks in the UK. It can lead to kidney disease, vascular dementia and mobility problems, and costs the NHS £2.1 billion every year.
Around one in three UK adults have high blood pressure, but because it often has no symptoms, many people don’t know they have it until they have a heart attack or stroke.
The good news is, medications and lifestyle changes can bring blood pressure under control, dramatically lowering the risk of life-changing illnesses.
Your donation will help us to reach those who don’t know they have high blood pressure, so they can get the treatment and advice they need to bring it under control, and will help us provide information and support to those who have been diagnosed.
No one should have to lose a loved one to heart disease, live with dementia or suffer the effects of a stroke. Help us put an end to unnecessary death and disability.
Donate by post or phone
45,000 strokes and heart attacks could be prevented over the next ten years if everyone had a blood pressure check.
Your generosity helps us reach those who have high blood pressure and don’t know it.
Thank you so much for your support.
Donate by phone
Call 020 7882 6255 to make a donation by credit or debit card over the phone.
Our office hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm, or you can leave a message with your name and phone number and we’ll call you back.
Donate by post
You can donate by cheque, postal order or charity voucher (CAF).
Please make cheques payable to Blood Pressure UK and send free of charge to:
Freepost Plus RTCS-AATG-ACSU
Blood Pressure UK
Wolfson Institute of Preventative Medicine
Don't forget to include your name and address so that we can send you a thank you.
If you’re a UK tax payer, it would be a huge help if you could send a completed Gift Aid form with it so that we can claim up to 25p for every £1 you donate at no extra cost to you. Learn more about Gift Aid.
Make a regular donation
Making a regular donation can help us plan for the future, so that we can help more people live well with high blood pressure.
High blood pressure is usually a life-long condition, meaning people need treatment and help in taking care of their health in the long term. We want to offer support throughout that journey.
Donations made by standing order mean we know what we have to work with, so we can plan how we can provide support in the years to come, preventing unnecessary strokes and heart attacks. They reduce our administrative costs too, meaning your donation goes further.
To make a regular payment, simply print out and fill in this standing order form, and we’ll send it to your bank and take care of the rest.
Standing order donation form [PDF 106KB]
You can also make regular payments directly from your salary through Payroll giving.