Blood Pressure UK membership and gift membership
Blood Pressure UK membership means you get a helping hand in looking after your blood pressure, while making a contribution to help others. You can buy membership for yourself, or for a friend as a gift.
Over 90% of our members say that being a member of Blood Pressure UK helps them to manage and lower their blood pressure.
Membership costs just £2.00 a month, or £24.00 a year, and all donations support our life saving work. If you’re buying membership as a gift it’s £20 for a year.
What you get as a member
- Positive Pressure, our popular bi-annual magazine. Full of the latest in blood pressure news and research, lively features, real stories and ideas for healthy living. You’ll receive the most recent copy when you sign up, then two issues per year.
- Our quarterly e-newsletter, e-Positive Pressure. News and information from the world of blood pressure and heart health, plus opportunities to get involved in research and campaigns.
- Our series of blood pressure booklets. These booklets will help you to understand more about high blood pressure, how to live well with it and the positive changes you can make to lower it.
- Medications factsheets. Explaining all the common blood pressure medications, including the side-effects you may experience.
- The A-Z of blood pressure. This booklet is a complete guide to everything you need to know about high blood pressure – what it is, living well with it, the tests you might have and the medications available.
- Advice and support. Get personalised information and support from a hypertension nurse specialist by post, email or telephone.
You can buy membership with a one-off payment online. You can also pay by credit or debit card over the phone on 020 7882 6255. Alternatively, see how to pay £2 a month by direct debit, or pay by cheque or postal order.
Blood pressure information and resources
We have a range of patient information resources about high blood pressure, written by our team of expert health professionals and health writers.
We cover what it means if you have high blood pressure, the steps you can take to lower it and the medications that can help. Plus, we have a range of posters and resources for awareness-raising events.
Ordering resources in bulk
Our resources are available for health professionals and the general public to buy in bulk, and all fees cover our costs and support our work. To order by invoice, choose the Health Professionals delivery service when ordering. You can also download resources free of charge.
Ordering resources for yourself
If you’re ordering resources for yourself or a loved one, individual leaflets are free of charge. Call us on 020 7882 6255 to order yours. You can also download our information for free or read about high blood pressure online.
Click on the leaflets below to order online, or browse our resources:
Top Tips for a healthier blood pressure – A3 poster
Designed for waiting rooms and health awareness stands, this poster can be displayed to raise awareness of high blood pressure and highlights five simple changes that will make a big difference to your health.
General Information leaflet
This little leaflet provides a quick overview of high blood pressure and why you need to know your numbers, as well as simple tips on how to lower or prevent it. It fits easily into a handbag or jacket pocket.
Introducing high blood pressure – A5 booklet
This booklet introduces what high blood pressure is, how you can lower it with lifestyle changes and treatments, and measuring your own blood pressure at home.
Healthy eating and blood pressure – A5 booklet
Practical tips on changing what you eat and drink to lower blood pressure, including eating less salt, drinking in moderation and eating enough fruit and veg.
Healthy lifestyle and blood pressure – A5 booklet
A useful guide to the changes you can make to your lifestyle to lower your blood pressure, including getting active and keeping to a healthy weight.
Getting the most from blood pressure medicines – A5 booklet
This booklet answers the most common questions people ask about their medicines. It covers the medicines available, their side effects, taking more than one medication and getting the most from them.
Measuring your blood pressure at home – A5 booklet
This booklet explains how to measure your blood pressure at home using a home monitor. It covers how to choose a monitor, how and when to use it.
Love your heart: A South Asian guide to controlling your blood pressure – A5 booklet
This booklet is for people from a South Asian background, explaining how you can look after your blood pressure and your heart health and why it’s important.
Know Your Numbers! year-round resource pack
Our Know Your Numbers! Resource Packs include all the resources you need to run your own blood pressure testing event throughout the year.
Charity Christmas cards
Give two gifts for the price of one this Christmas by choosing our charity cards. We have lots of festive cards to choose from, with new designs every year.
All our cards come in packs of 10 and cost £3.99 plus 60p postage per pack, and all proceeds support our life-saving work.
Click on the cards below to order: