We’re very proud of Know Your Numbers! Week and we would love your support in reaching more people.
Know Your Numbers! Week will be different to usual this year due to social distancing, but you can still get some good ideas below.
- Organise a Pressure Station. Speak to your Occupational Health team about setting up a Pressure Station at your place of work.
- Spread the word. Raise awareness of the importance of getting a blood pressure check by promoting Know Your Numbers! to your colleagues and customers. Use your intranet, website, email or face to face meetings, and we can supply useful statistics and text.
- Fundraise. Collect donations, nominate us for payroll giving or take part in a sponsored event to raise funds during Know Your Numbers! Week.
- Organise a fundraising event. We have lots of ideas for fundraising, find one you fancy and time your event to coincide with Know Your Numbers! Week.
- Put up posters in your local area. You can download this year’s poster and include details of the nearest Pressure Stations. Call us on 020 7882 6255 for a printed copy and details of Pressure Stations nearby.
- Spread the word on social media. Let your friends and family know that there are free blood pressure checks going on nearby and direct them to find their nearest pressure station on our website.
- Contact your local media. We can provide you with a template news release to help.
- Write to your MP. We can provide you with a template letter to get your MP on board, their support can make all the difference.
- Make a donation. Your gift will help others to receive free, potentially life-saving blood pressure checks.
- Become a member of Blood Pressure UK. Membership costs £2 a month and supports our work. You will receive our quarterly magazine Positive Pressure plus a host of other benefits.
Letting your friends, family and those in your community know about Know Your Numbers! will help them to understand the importance of getting a blood pressure check. It means they can get support to lower it if they need to.