Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Warners Health in Hull offers free blood pressure checks
Hull residents can find out their most vital statistics when local health and fitness centre Warners Health offers free blood pressure checks during Know your Numbers! Week.
Know your Numbers! Week, which runs 13-19 September, is the nation's biggest blood pressure testing event, organised by UK charity the Blood Pressure Association (BPA). Warners Health on Pickering Road, Kingston-Upon-Hull, is among 1,400 'Pressure Stations' taking part in this year's event across the UK (see below for more Hull Pressure Stations).
This year the BPA is asking local residents 'Are you gambling with your health?' because three quarters of adults don’t know their blood pressure numbers and so are taking an unnecessary gamble with their health.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure causes stroke and heart attack, and it's a symptomless condition, so the only way to find out if you have it is to have regular blood pressure checks. However, once detected, it can be very successfully managed.
Warners Health will be offering free checks to all local residents during Know your Numbers! Week, from 11am-3pm – just ask at reception and you can have your blood pressure checked in the physio clinic upstairs. Regular clients will also be able to take advantage of free testing throughout September.
Chris Smith, Operations Manager and Physical Therapist at Warners Health, will be taking blood pressures with other trained colleagues, and offering practical advice on how to lower your blood pressure. The team will also be raising money for charity the Blood Pressure Association.
Chris Smith said: "High blood pressure is a really serious health issue, so we hope everyone in Hull will pay us a visit for their free blood pressure check.
"We'll also be fundraising for the Blood Pressure Association charity – for every £1 donated by a member of the public our Warners Health will donate a further £1, so we hope everyone gives generously!"
Mike Rich, Executive Director of UK charity the Blood Pressure Association, said: "We're delighted that Warners Health is offering Hull residents free blood pressure checks during this year's Know your Numbers! Week. After all, regular exercise is one of the best ways to keep your blood pressure healthy.
"It's fantastic that Warners Health will be raising money for our charity too. These fund make a huge difference to the work the BPA can undertake to help more people take control of their blood pressure and so avoid stroke and heart attack."
- Hull Late Night Pharmacy, The Annison Building, 124-127 Witham, Hull, HU9 1AT
- Asda Pharmacy, Mount Retail Park, Holderness Road, Hull, HU9 2BN
- Asda Pharmacy, Hessle Road, Hull, HU3 4PE
- Whitworth Chemist, 264 Bricknell Avenue, Hull, HU5 4QG
- Newtons Pharmacy, 1028 Anlaby Road, Hull, HU4 7RA
- Asda Pharmacy, Kingswood Retail Park, Bude Road, Hull, HU7 4HS
- Asda Pharmacy, Main Road, Bilton, Hull, HU11 4AL
If you have a question about high blood pressure, call the Blood Pressure Association's Information Line on 0845 241 0989 (Mon-Fri, 11am-3pm).
Notes to Editors:
- For more information on Know your Numbers! Week, or for facts, figures, quotes and photos, contact Anna in the Blood Pressure Association's Press Office on 020 8772 4993/4984, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To arrange for your reporter to have their blood pressure checked, or for a photo or interview, please contact Chris Smith on 01482 505850 or at email@example.com
- The Blood Pressure Association is the UK's leading blood pressure charity working to lower the nation’s blood pressure. The charity provides information and support for people with high blood pressure and raises awareness to prevent the condition. For more information visit the charity's main website at www.bpassoc.org.uk, or call 020 8772 4994.