Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
It is very likely that the answer to your question is already on our website.
Before sending an email, please try the following options:
Here are the most common questions we receive, please click on the links to read the answer:
- What do my blood pressure numbers mean?
(Whether or not your reading is high, low or normal)
- Am I having side-effects from my blood pressure medicine?
(And what you can do if you are having side-effects)
- Are there blood pressure specialists?
(And how you can see one)
- Which blood pressure monitors are trustworthy?
(Including a full list of clinically validated monitors)
- How do I use a home blood pressure monitor?
- What natural ways can lower my blood pressure?
(Including Eating less salt, Eating a blood pressure diet, Exercise and Weight loss)
- Why is my blood pressure lower at home than at the surgery?
(Or Why does my blood pressure go up when I see a doctor?)
- How can my doctor find out what my blood pressure is like at home? (Or how 24-hour blood pressure testing works)
Please type the topic you are interested in into the Search box above (top tight hand corner) and click 'go'.
If you can't find the answer to your question:
- If your question is about a serious medical issue, call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 or Emergency NHS on 111.
- Send us your blood pressure query, using our Email Enquiry Form below.
Please note: We receive a large number of emails about blood pressure, so it can take up to 10 working days to receive an reply. We are a UK charity and can only answer questions about UK treatment of high blood pressure.