Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Blood Pressure UK was launched in October 2000. It was born out of the shared belief of a number of high blood pressure specialists that in order to reduce stroke and heart disease, everyone had a role to play in improving the detection and treatment of high blood pressure through knowledge and active involvement.
As you can see below, we have achieved a lot in a short period. But this is just the beginning - we want to build on our successes to help even more people to lower their blood pressure for life.
Awards and accolades
- Awarded The Information Standard in 2009. We are one of the first UK charities to have qualified for this new kitemark of health information quality
- Winner of The Charity Awards 2008, in the healthcare category, for our highly regarded Know your Numbers! campaign that provides free blood pressure tests for more than 100,000 adults annually
- 'Highly commended' at the Third Sector Awards in 2006 for our interactive lifestyle quiz
- Shown to be an 'example of good practice' when assessed by the Charity Commission in 2005
- 'Highly Commended' for two information booklets at the British Medical Association Patient Information Awards (2001 and 2003).